Welcome To An Object A Day!

This blog will feature unconnected, unplanned objects I find in my house daily. Could be interesting, most likely will not be.

-Lucas Rising-

Monday 27 June 2011

Bass picks and Calculator/Pen

Due to the absence of a post yesterday, there will be two objects today. 

 These are the picks that came with my bass guitar. Naturally as the strings are thicker than guitar strings, I used the thickest of the three (see right). That explains the bluntness of the end, and the near complete fading of the brand name and thickness (I think it's 0.98mm). The one on the left is the thinnest (obviously) and I experimented with the sound it produced for a few days before I snapped the end of when playing aggressive thrash riffs. I never found the tip of it. The middle one, I can't remember how it snapped but I have other picks now and these ones have since been retired.

Back in primary school these were all the rage. A small calculator with pen that revolved around itself. I've had a couple before, not sure which one this is, but the kids in grade 5 or 6 got to take a survey once and the reward for doing it was one of these. I think just about everybody took the survey. Those were simpler times.

No comments:

Post a Comment