Welcome To An Object A Day!

This blog will feature unconnected, unplanned objects I find in my house daily. Could be interesting, most likely will not be.

-Lucas Rising-

Saturday 18 June 2011

Big Ben

When I was in England in 2005 with my family, we went to many tourist attractions. I remember I saw this model Big Ben, it may have been in the gift shop at Madame Tussauds, for 10 pounds. I didn't buy it because mum told me that we could find it elsewhere cheaper. After spotting the same model a handful of times, none of which were cheaper, I eventually bought one from a street vendor for 15 pounds. I can't remember why, but I really, really wanted one. Was it the shiny gold? Was it the sophisticated clock face? Regardless of these points of interest, it no longer runs because let's be honest, who bothers to buy watch batteries? Also, the clock face doesn't click back into position anymore, something holding it in slid out and now the clock face rests on the shelf next to Big Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment