Welcome To An Object A Day!

This blog will feature unconnected, unplanned objects I find in my house daily. Could be interesting, most likely will not be.

-Lucas Rising-

Sunday 10 July 2011

Goggles Case

There's a story behind this goggles case. Once upon a time I had a set of goggles. They broke. I then required a new set of goggles. This is the case that contained that new set of goggles. For years they were the only pair I owned and used. Then, at the start of 2011, they were used for the last time. Not by me, but by somebody else. Physics and the natural order of the universe could not allow this, as they belonged to me, but I attempted to break this order by being generous and selfless by lending them to said other person. It would be a manner of minutes, perhaps seconds after I consented their use by the other that they had decided that they would rather destroy themselves than protect the eyes of another. Loyal to the bitter end, the goggles died that day after being returned to mine hands. The offer to have the goggles replaced was not one that I could accept, for no other goggles could be as loyal as those as brave as the ones that would rather take their own life than serve the eyes of another. The case was kept as a reminder of the bond we once had, and will remain with me until the memory of the goggles has faded. 

tl;dr?
Somebody broke my goggles, you know who you are you bastard.

PS: The goggles didn't really mean anything to me.

Prologue:
Lucas never replaced his goggles. He hasn't submerged his head in water ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment