Welcome To An Object A Day!

This blog will feature unconnected, unplanned objects I find in my house daily. Could be interesting, most likely will not be.

-Lucas Rising-

Friday 1 July 2011

JB Hi-Fi Shopping Bag

In commemoration of the first JB Hi-Fi store closing its doors forever this Sunday, todays object is the bag that contained my last purchases from my #1 stop for music, games, DVD's and just a quick browse to see what was cheap, what was new and what was interesting at JB Hi-Fi, Centreway. 
My final purchase was:
Deaf Forever - The Best of Motorhead - Motorhead
I bought this despite usually disliking compilation albums, but it was cheap, and I don't see myself buying too many Motorhead albums because they're always overpriced and understocked.

TheFutureEmbrace - Billy Corgan
I spotted this on my way out for the low, low price of 5 bucks. Considering this was Billy Corgan's only solo album and it was a departure from classic Smashing Pumpkins material, I decided to go for it anyway as I have been branching out into different genres recently.

Rock In Rio - Iron Maiden
I have wanted to get this for a while now, and I am very happy with the packaging of it. Some albums come with a pissy little tray card instead of proper liner notes (compilations mostly), but this one not only came with a beefy book of notes, it contained lyrics for all the songs despite being a live album, with pictures of the show. That's what you always want.

So after spending thousands of dollars over the years at JB Hi-Fi Centreway, an era comes to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment